What a day!

Posted by Doreen | 10:15 AM | 0 comments »

I was sick the whole day yesterday... Skipped class the whole day.... This is a good lesson where God set a day to rest and I didn't rest at all and the result is getting sick....
Recently I had been quite moody and had been ignorant to the nudgings of the Holy Spirit and I ended up feeling offended and also offending others.... I was thinking what actually trigger all this feeling. But I cant think of any so I decided to just surrender it unto God.
The last few days was very tiring and I was offended and offended other people too. Apart from that I was 'advised' by my friend about the way I speak to ppl and that I need to learn to not be so blunt to the ppl that is not close to me. I guess this is one thing that I have to learnt through the hard way. I so want to ask that friend to shut up because the least you need at a time like this is their 'so-called advice'! But I didn't do that because I know I will then offend another person. I guess what I need was encouragement and NOT CONDEMNATION! I know that advice is given to help me but CAN'T YOU CHOOSE A BETTER TIMING? Advice given at the wrong time is like pushing the person deeper into the whirl pool of pain. And you claim to be my friend but you don't even know how I was feeling. You are selfish in thinking that you just want to get the words out of your mouth and adviced me. [I guess I am being selfish now in expecting you to understand me...LOL.....]
I am so sick of all of this. There are times where I wish I could not talk and just communicate through paper and pencil, then these people don't have to read wrongly of my intonation and stuff like that!
I guess God is teaching me a lesson which is not to be so blunt and stop putting my expectation and my assumption on other people. I assume that if they are my friends then they would be able to take my honest comment but I guess I was wrong. I guess God is right about people being selfish and rebellious cause we can't seemed to take advice or people pointing out our wrong. This is not the first time I met with these kind of situation. WHY DID I STILL THINK LIKE LAST TIME AND NOT LEARN FROM MY PREVIOUS LESSON? People are not perfect and people are selfish. I AM TOO!!!! So I guess I need to learn to be patient and not be so blunt and to humble myself and let God do His job.
After praying about all of these 'problems' God showed me a verse from
Titus 2: 7, 8
In all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
The last line really jumped out at me! That is what God wants me to be!
Throughout all these incidents, I am sure of one thing:
GOD IS MOULDING AND CHANGING ME! I am rest assured that He is watching over me and He cares for me to discipline me so that I am a step closer to the person He wants me to be.
Oh! One more thing I learnt is that SELF-PITYING DOES NOT WORK!!!!!
So that is the end of the incidents.... I learnt my lesson and I choose to forgive and move on. Cause there are so much more that I need to experience....

0 comments

Post a Comment