Fasting.....

Posted by Doreen | 7:49 PM | 0 comments »

I guess all of you who know me out there know that I am in the midst of fasting and praying. A lot of ppl actually kept on asking me why I am fasting and why I am fasting so long. So here goes the full version of the explaination......
I was praying one day [I think it is the last few days of 2009] when God popped a question to me.
GOD: Doreen, you have never hesitate when it comes to giving me 10% of your tithes. But what about your year? Can you give me 10% of this year?
So after God dropped that thought in my mind, I just felt that I want to honour Him and take this time to rebuild my relationship with Him. So I started fasting starting on the 2nd of January. After the first few days I was really geared up to seek God and really getting deeper in this relationship with God. And every single time I do my devotion, God will always speak to me. He does not only speaks to me about things that only concerned me but also the things happening in the world. I am really glad that God actually wants to reveal so many things to me. All this while I always thought that I am not that important, and I always get people to pray for me instead of praying and seeking God myself.
I am challenged and got the truth slammed in my face by my dad when he asked me why do I need to go through people to get answers from God instead of getting the answers directly from God myself. This was one of the reason and apart from that our church is on this AWAKEN series where Ps Tim keeps on speaking about the importance of waking up our spirit that had fallen asleep. So because of all these reasons, I decided that I need to get into serious business with God.
The fast is going to end soon..... These few days, all the food seemed to spring to live whenever I see them. Before that, it is ok to live without having meat! [YES!!!! I AM FASTING MEAT!!!!] That was so hard!!! All the MACDONALDS and KFC seemed to be calling out to me everytime I passed by these restaurants. But I was able to resist these temptations except for the day when I went to Kuching!!! Hahaha... I broke fast that day! ONLY THAT DAY!!!! =)
So as I was praying today, God showed me these bible verses which encourages me and enable me to resist the growing temptation as the date of breaking fast is near.
Romans 14: 6-8 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks, and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat and give God thanks. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the LORD'S.
14: 17 for the kingdom of God is not food and drink, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
=) So after I read that I am not afraid that I will binge after I finished the fast. For I know that food is nothing compared to the presence of God in my life.

0 comments

Post a Comment