Is it lawful for me then?

Posted by Doreen | 11:08 PM | | 0 comments »

haha.. Deprived of blogging for quite some time so am going to post what God had spoke to me at the start of this new year.

I was reading my bible that day and I came across this verse:
1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me but not all things are not helpful;
All things are lawful for me but all things do not edify.
I felt God spoke to me about me turning 21 last year. Lots of my friends said kind of the same thing when they heard that I turned 21. 'Let's go to pubs!' This is the most common response i get. (Imagine the things you can do.... Get marry without needing your parents' consent[i think-if i am wrong,correct me] -Go to pubs and not get caught. and much more...)

I guess as i was meditating on His words, He is trying to tell me all things may be lawful for me now as I turned 21 but not all things are helpful, neither does all things edify me. So I am reminded again of a quote by someone called Albert Camus.

"LIFE IS A SUM OF ALL YOUR CHOICES!"
So although it is lawful for me but whatever choices i make will influence my whole life. God is also saying to me that He wants to be involve in my decision-making. I guess 2008 had been a year where most of the time it was about me but 2009 will be a year where it is all about HIM and He is going to be the decision maker in my life.

0 comments

Post a Comment