One 'LOVE' lesson from God

Posted by Doreen | 9:07 PM | , | 0 comments »

Today I learnt an important lesson from God on the topic of love. Valentine is around the corner but it is not about the kind of love between a boy and girl but today's lesson is about loving people around us. Our A42 family had a house meeting yesterday. It is about the house we are going to rent next time we moved to UM. I have to admit it was not easy for me to sit through the meeting. I have to admit I am going through a period of my life that I am sick of getting hurt from the same people again and again. I guess I have lived with this family for so long that I have grown to love this family, yet there are times that we had our fair share of conflict and quarrels and silent periods. I am so tired and sick of it that I suggested to move out and stay with other ppl. [PPs I am sorry for not being honest during the meeting. I just do not want to hurt you girls. And as I reflect and ponder on the things we had said in the meeting, I have learnt to sort things out and find the core of my dissatisfaction and my disappointment.]

So today, I did lots of thinking. And during CF, the bible study topic that we did was LOVE! So i am reminded about the whole incident and the A42 family.

Is it so hard for me to love these ppl?

The answer is yes and no. Loving nice ppl who treats you nice is very easy definately but what about ppl who has their own character and personality?

LOVE THEM ANYWAY!!!

God is reminding me with the verse that says love God with all your soul and your might and then love thy neighbour just like how you love yourself.  I was struck by this verse during the discussion. Have I been loving the ppl around me just like how I love myself? When I say I am sick of getting hurt, am i hurting other ppl in the process?

There is this famous quotation by someone[i dont know who] that goes like this:
Hurting people hurt people. Period. Full Stop.  Am i hurting? But today I was overwhelmed by the way God turn things around and healed my broken heart.

After the CF, my best friend ask me for 5 mins when we get back home. SHE WANTS TO TALK TO ME! ( Whenever somebody say that to another person it means something like-hey i got something i am not happy about and i want to talk about it.) So lots of thoughts went through my mind. What should I do? I bet she is going to talk about the issue we discuss last night. And on and on it goes.

I try to avoid the 5 MINS when i got back home but i know she is a stubborn girl and she wont let me go until she had given me a piece of her mind. So the 5 mins were up in a flash but the conversation went on and on and on......

But little did I know that God was healing my broken heart slowly as the conversations unfold. It was hard but I knew God wanted me to open up and let Him heal this broken heart of mine. I didnt know that i have closed up so much towards this girl who I called my best friend. I guess God is teaching me to love in a new level. The love that ppl usually talk about is very selfish but today I learnt how to love in another whole new level. It is just one part of our journey of friendship where we are stopping at the pit stop to rest and recuperate. [The conversation went on..it wasnt like she was scolding me but we were having one of our long reflection sessions that we used to have when we were staying in the hostel. I really missed it....But SHE has promised to have more of this kind of sessions... LOL sounds like counselling sessions. It is a time where we just spend time with each other and hear each other pour out and cry....]

I didnt realise i have wrote so long... =) Haha.... Ya.. today is such a beautiful day where God had done something in this little heart of mine. I feel I can love more and this time.. I appreciate the friendship offered by my A42 family. They make me feel so loved. And the conflicts are rarely brought out of the house. Our other friends always think that our house ppl never fight and quarrel. =) I guess we do but at the end of the day we know we still loved each other.

So today have been a lovey dovey day...... I feel so loved by a God who thinks of me all the time and how He is healing my broken heart.

0 comments

Post a Comment